1st HALF RESULTS
In the first half of the double header NHRA South Central Division Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event at Texas Motorplex Dean Dubbin and Kirk Williams took home the wins in Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car respectively.
Dubbin, Royalton, Minn., came out of the No. 8 qualifying position and defeated Megan Meyer in the final for the win with a lap of 5.565 seconds, 258.76 mph. Dubbin beat out No. 1 qualifier Shane Conway and Buddy Domingue in rounds one and two to advance to the final round.
Williams qualified fourth and knocked out Kris Hool and Mark Billington to advance to the final round match up with Annie Whiteley. Williams then laid down a lap of 5.572 seconds at 260.51 for the win as Whiteley had problems crossing the line at 9.763.
In Comp eliminator it was Craig Bourgeois, Metairie, La., beating out Adam Hickey, Ponchatoula, La., and Korey Mawhee, Frisco, Texas, held off Justin Jenkins, Beatrice, Neb., in Super Stock
Former Lucas Oil World Champion Jeff Lopez, Irving, Texas, took home the Stock trophy defeating Gary Emmons, Friendswood, Texas, in his ’18 COPO Camaro in 9.848 seconds at 110.66 mph and Robbie Mayse, G randview, Texas, stopped the clocks at 8.974 seconds to beat Tommy Phillips, Forney, Texas, in Super Comp.
Rounding out the winners were Vernon Rowland, Blanchard, Okla., in Super Gas; Jim Burrell, Claude, Texas, in Super Street; Martin Blair, Spicewood, Texas, in the SDPC Raceshop Top Sportsman; Darian Boesch, Kenner, La., in the SDPC Raceshop Top Dragster; and Michael Mathews, Lagrange, Texas, in Sportsman Motorcycle.
The following are Saturday's final results from the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, South Central Division event at Texas Motorplex:
TOP ALCOHOL DRAGSTER:
4) Buddy Domingue, Port Neches, Texas, 5.354, 274.89 def. 5) Rachel Meyer, Spring Hill, Kan., 7.313, 118.70;
2) James Stevens, Gothenburg, Neb., 9.551, 81.12 def. 7) Terry Schmidt, Tuttle, Okla., broke; 3) Megan Meyer, Olathe, Kan., 5.339, 275.11 def. 6) Spencer Massey, Fort Worth, Texas, 18.417, 73.62;
8) Dean Dubbin, Royalton, Minn., 5.378, 263.46 def. 1) Shane Conway, Spring, Texas, 15.457, 72.40
Dubbin, 8.968, 115.85 def. Domingue, broke;
- Meyer, 5.330, 274.89 def. Stevens, 5.388, 270.48
Dubbin, 5.565, 258.76 def. M. Meyer, 11.313, 69.72.
TOP ALCOHOL FUNNY CAR:
4) Kirk Williams, Glenwood, Iowa, '04 Firebird, 5.556, 260.01 def. 3) Kris Hool, Evansville, Wyo.,
'16 Camaro, 8.667, 119.12
1) Annie Whiteley, Grand Junction, Colo., '15 Camaro, 5.537, 257.28 def. 6) Bryan Brown, Gainesville, Texas, '16 Camaro, 7.605, 97.72
5) Mark Billington, Prosper, Texas, '11 Mustang, 5.820, 245.81 def. 2) Jeff Jones, Weatherford, Texas, '17 Camaro, broke
Williams, 5.556, 261.07 def. Billington, 13.619, 46.81
Whiteley, 11.979, 90.05 was unopposed;
Williams, 5.572, 260.51 def. Whiteley, 9.763, 95.11.
Craig Bourgeois, Metairie, La., '05 dragster, B/ND, 7.185, 141.12 def. Adam Hickey, Ponchatoula,
La., '15 Hasse, B/DA, 7.053, 149.03.
Korey Mawhee, Frisco, Texas, '95 Oldsmobile, GT/IA, 9.614, 136.76 def. Justin Jenkins, Beatrice,
Neb., '09 Cobalt, GT/GA, 9.424, 137.36.
Jeff Lopez, Irving, Texas, '18 Copo, FS/C, 9.848, 110.66 def. Gary Emmons, Friendswood, Texas, '14
Cobra JET, FS/A, foul.
Robbie Mayse, Grandview, Texas, '17 American, 8.974, 147.75 def. Tommy Phillips, Forney, Texas,
'10 TNT, foul.
Vernon Rowland, Blanchard, Okla., '85 Calais, 9.934, 155.19 def. Michael Wright, Sadria, Texas,
'92 Cutlass, 9.961, 142.21.
Jim Burrell, Claude, Texas, '70 Torino, 10.899, 153.20 def. Cole Cummings, Hammond, La., '67 Chevy
II, 10.884, 140.05.
Martin Blair, Spicewood, Texas, '96 Corvette, 7.539, 181.98 def. Bob Gulitti, Tomball, Texas, '11
Chevrolet, 6.500, 212.09.
Darian Boesch, Kenner, La., '16 Dragster, 6.098, 216.69 def. Bill Swann, Carrollton, Texas, '10
Monden, 6.269, 198.52.
Michael Mathews, Lagrange, Texas, '05 Suzuki, 8.650, 136.47 def. John Fitzpatrick, Wichita, Kan.,
'05 Hyabusa, 9.065, 116.88.
2ND HALF RESULTS