IHRA Div 5 Summit Team Finals Results
US 131 Motorsports Park repeated as champions at the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Division 5 (Thunder) Team Finals held over the weekend at their home facility.
US 131 captured the team title 51-38 over Muncie Dragway which finished runner-up for a second straight year. The competition included some of the most iconic tracks in the Midwest and Canada.
Other tracks who participated were: Bunker Hill Dragstrip, Central Illinois Dragway, Cordova International Raceway, Eddyville Raceway Park, Grand Bend Motorplex, Great Lakes Dragaway, Mid-Michigan Motorplex, Onawa Racing and Events Complex, Osecola Dragway, St. Thomas Raceway Park, Ubly Dragstrip, US 41 Motorplex and Wisconsin International Raceway
Leading up to the main event, racers participated in Gambler’s races and “best of” awards.
Marty McKinney (Muncie) won on a holeshot with a .003 reaction time to a .016 for Grant Zimmerman (Cordova). McKinney had a 6.35-second elapsed time at 105.16 mph against a 6.34 dial-in. McKinney matched his 6.42 dial-in and finished at 105.29 mph.
Donnie Hagar (US 131) had both the faster reaction time at .022 and matched his 6.40 dial-in on a 107.14 mph run. Rich Perdue (Ubly) was runner-up with a 6.02 second pass at 113.32 mph against a 6.03 dial-in.
Steve Mesik (US 131) won with a .025 reaction time as Jordan Wilhelm (Muncie) red-lighted. Mesik had an 8.21-second run at 80.73 mph against an 8.20 dial-in. Wilhelm went down the track in 7.47 seconds at 90.05 mph against an 7.50 dial-in.
Evan Mulcher (US 131) had a .038 reaction time and added a 9.10-second pass at 69.09 mph. Mason Osborne (Great Lakes) finished runner-up with an 8.03-second run at 77.21 mph along with a .090 reaction time.
Team Captains Race
Mark Krumanaker (Muncie) was the winner with an 11.24-second run against an 11.16 dial-in, paired with a .031 reaction time. Lindsay Sarauer (Great Lakes) made a 9.84-second pass against a 9.72 dial-in with a .029 reaction time.
Friday’s Gambler’s Race
Top — Steve Riggins (Muncie) 7.06 on a 7.03 dial-in, .040 reaction time defeated Todd Strefling (Osecola), 4.94 on a 4.95 dial-in, .050 reaction time.
Mod — Stan Jones Jr. (US 131) 5.97 on a 5.99 dial-in, -.005 reaction time defeated Nathan Schroeder (Cordova) 6.06 on a 6.07 dial-in, -.009 reaction time.
Junior — Mason Osborne (Great Lakes) 8.09 on an 7.97 dial-in, .021 reaction time defeated Peyton Gortney (Osecola) 7.93 on a 7.92 dial-in, -.082 reaction time.
Sunday’s Gambler’s Race
Top — Lane Ledford of Stanton, Mich., 8.36 on a 4.87 dial-in, .029 reaction time defeated Jace Deering of Clinton, Iowa 6.85 on a 6.85 dial-in, -.003 reaction time.
Mod — Jordan Wilhelm of Delphos, Ohio 6.77on a 6.76 dial-in, .001 reaction time defeated Donnie Hagar of Clark Lake, Mich., 6.42 on a 6.41 dial-in, .032 reaction time.
Junior — Kenzie Lieferman of Comanche, Iowa 7.99 on an 8.00 dial-in, .206 reaction time defeated Tyler Howard of Battle Creek, Mich., 8.91 on an 8.90 dial-in, -.101 reaction time.
- Best Appearing Open Bodied Car — Joe Bauman, Mid-Michigan Motorplex
- Best Engineered Open Bodied Car — Don Speer, Cordova International Raceway
- Best Appearing Full Bodied Car — Rex Ambrose, Bunker Hill Dragstrip
- Best Engineered Full Bodied Car — Jeff Kirkpatrick, Muncie Dragway
- Best Appearing Junior Dragster — Kyla Feit, Great Lakes Dragaway
- Best Engineered Junior Dragster — Corbin Dittenber, Mid-Michigan Motorplex
- Best Appearing Motorcycle — Calvin Hill, Osecola Dragway
- Best Engineered Motorcycle — Josie Brooks, Grand Bend Motorplex
- Best Team Spirit — Mid-Michigan Motorplex
- Best Appearing Sponsor Banner — St. Thomas Raceway
- Best Appearing Grandstands — Muncie Dragway
- Best Appearing Team — US 131 Motorsports Park
- SSS Track of the Year — Bunker Hill Dragway
- US 131 Motorsports Park 51
- Muncie Dragway 38
- Mid-Michigan Motorplex 34
- US 131 (Team 2) 33
- Muncie (Team 2) 30
- Cordova International Raceway 29
- Great Lakes Dragaway 24
- Grand Bend Motorplex 21
- Osecola (Team 2) 19
- Mid-Michigan (Team 2) 19
- Grand Bend (Team 2) 18
- St. Thomas Raceway Park 17
- Osceola Dragway 14
- US 41 Motorplex 13
- Ubly Dragway 10
- Bunker Hill (Team 2) 10
- Bunker Hill Dragstrip 10
- Wisconsin International Raceway 9
- US 41 (Team 2) 3
- Central Illinois Dragway 2
- St. Thomas (Team 2) 2
- Onawa Racing and Events Complex 1
- Eddyville Raceway Park 0